I'm so relieved. I lack the vocabulary to adequately express the agony I've endured these past few months, but let me assure you, it was torture. No more classes until January, thank ya' Jay-zus!
please excuse me while I do my happy dance
Sadly, since I was consumed with grad school, not much has happened since I last posted. We had our Halloween party, however, and it was a blast. I was an angel and my DH was the Grim Reaper. Here's a view of part of our cemetery, complete with a departed spirit.
Frontier Days came and went, and i loved it as much as ever.You'd think you'd mind your stock while teaching the youg'uns...
Anyhoo, the RWPS, (Ridiculously Wide Purple Scarf) is no more. I just stopped, tied it off and accepted defeat. Now I've frogged and restarted a Reasonably Wide Blue Scarf to take its place. I just can't seem to remember to purl and it makes for a goofy looking scarf. My nephew has requested the same scarf if rainbow colors, but since I'm pretty sure he doesn't really comprehend what a scarf is (hey, it's the deep South and he's six years old - he's never seen snow, or for that matter temperatures below 45 degrees) and I'm certain he doesn't understand the merciless teasing he would endure for wearing a girlie rainbow scarf, I decided to make it red.
I really miss weaving, and a vendor at Frontier Days had some wonderful inkle bands she made from her own hand spun/dyed wool that made me ashamed of having neglected the loom. I have been assured that my remaining classes won't require so much at-home work, so maybe I'll have more time for my hobbies next semester. Lord knows when the last time I touched the sewing machine was. Maybe I can hem some pants over the holidays...
The Iron Bowl sucked arse. I'm so disappointed in our boys in crimson and their fearless (and highly paid) leader. Ah, well, maybe next year.
Well, Christmas is coming up and I just put up my tree last night. I knocked myself out at Halloween, so I don't think I'll do too much Christmas foo-foo around the house. It's hard to get in the spirit when it's 70 degrees outside, anyway.



No comments:
Post a Comment