Four down, one to go

Hooray for hobby #4! I'm a crocheter! Is that a word?


Cladee patiently taught me how to tie a slip knot, make cable stitches and double crochet stitches. I screwed it up and had to pull it out about 17 times but eventually I made something that resembled actual crochet. As with my knitting, I was all over it "angry-style" until I realized I couldn't get the hook through the really tight stitches. After relaxing and channeling my inner Brighid I improved somewhat. Thanks, Cladee!



Also, my local yarn shop is going out of business (bad) and is having a 50% off sale (good). I've never seen high dollar yarn before - and so much of it! I think I touched every hank, skein and cone in the store. I found some particularly soft and squishy yarn that I wanted to roll around naked in but I couldn't afford that much good yarn. Instead, I bought three skeins of Plymouth yarn Baby Alpaca Brush in a gorgeous copper/brown color. I have no clue as to what I will make out of it. Sound familiar? Should I knit it or crochet it? Should I weave it? Should i make a hat or a purse or a scarf or a big fat square?



I JUST DON'T KNOW!!


The problem with scarves, mittens and the like is that down here in the Deep South we have little need of such accessories. We knitters must think outside the box with regard to our creative endeavors. Now if I can just get the hang of sewing I will be a bona fide fiberartfreak! Don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Make it a big fat square and then roll around naked on it. There are some things we love to do in the South!!! I'm sure your hubby would agree!!

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern