Useless Trivia, an Autobiography

Facts about Me, Mother of Purl

I have broken a rib, an ankle, my pelvic bone and collapsed a lung, all in the same day.


I am allergic to pewter.


My favorite place is Wyoming.


I play the clarinet. I tried to play French horn, but couldn't take all the spit issues. Which brings me to #5,

I have a saliva phobia.


I drink ALOT of water. Straight out of the tap.


There are 5 words which no one should ever utter in my presence. None of them is a swear word.


I want to visit the Mother Country, Ireland. Oh, and also Scandinavia.


Most days I don't wear make-up.


I contemplated joining the Navy.


I was a Spanish major prior to discovering archaeology.


I've been to 19 states: AL, GA, FL, LA, MS, NC, VA, TN, NV, WY, ID, TX, UT, NM, CO, AR, AZ, WI, IL plus Washington, D.C.


I've had a flying insect get stuck in my ear. Talk about freaking out.


I have been to Disneyworld 3 times.


I never had braces on my teeth.


I hate it when someone touches my big toes. Hence, no pedicures for me.


I can yell as loud as any drill sergeant.

I am a klutz.

I like crows. They're smart birds.

I want a hairless rat, yet I am generally repulsed by varmints.

I remember my dreams every morning.

I used to live in a house with 4 snakes, 7 poison dart frogs, 1 red-eyed tree frog, 1 gecko, 1 bearded dragon and 2 chameleons.

I am right handed but open jars with my left hand.

I have eaten and promptly spit out Vegemite.

When I was a kid I was fascinated with Mae West, which worried my parents a bit.

I loathe pantyhose and high heels.

If my husband would let me I'd have multiple dogs and cats. He won't.

I want to raise chickens and alpacas.

I can't pronounce the names Roy or Troy without extreme difficulty.

I love to write with pencils.

I want to learn to sword fight.

When I was a kid I ate azaleas. Yeah, I know they're poisonous, but I did not know that at the time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda!

Got your link from Emily at Yarn Miracle - welcome to the Alabama knit bloggers list!

Come by and visit my page and leave me a note! :)

Sharly
www.houseof9lives.wordpress.com

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Hello Amanda,
I got your info from Emily's blog...welcome to the Bama Knitting group!!!

Bev said...

I think I may have been with you in all of those states!

I was there for every broken bone.

Love,
your succulent friend (hehehehe:-)
bev
ps. I have a spit thing too, the only reason I played Fhorn, was b/c mom wanted me to! yuck!

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern