Knitting Angst, Revisited

I am very frustrated with my slow progress. I know, I know, I can't expect to be great at something I have only been doing for a month, but I really should be further along. I frogged the green rectangle due to dropped stitches and messy edges. *sigh* When will I have a completed project to post? When, I ask?! (shakes fists at the heavens)

Perhaps I have too many irons in the fire. Gee, ya' think?! Knitting, sewing, weaving, photography...that's alot to learn all at once. But I had to get started before I begin grad school and certainly before we have a child. Having a job really interferes with my hobbies.

On the upside, my family is coming to visit this weekend. We're going to see a play and fish and just hang out. Yea! I can show off my skirt and get some oohs and aahs. That'll give me a boost.

In less than 2 weeks DH and I will be on vacation. No worries!

4 comments:

sara said...

I wouldn't worry about it! I taught myself to knit 20+ years ago, really got serious about it 4 years ago and still have more unfinished projects than finished. The whole process of knitting is what I'm addicted to. Not the things I make. (Although I do like to show off things I finish lol!)

Anonymous said...

Just hang in there!! Like Sara said, it's the process that counts, besides, when you get done with a project, you'll probably immediately start on another! There is no end to projects to get done!

Bev said...

Who's coming to visit?

Who's DH? Where are you going?
Come to Austin!!
I miss you

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Do NOT be hard on yourself regarding your knitting!!! Just keep on keeping on and one day you will realize you are knitting effortlessly!!! Don't get discouraged!!!!!

I tell everyone I teach to knit that you aren't an "official" knitter until you have thrown a "sho-nuff Knit Fit".....you know....similar to a sh*t fit.....but different!!! LOL!!! (hope that isn't too offensive)

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern