Things That Make You Go Hmmm...
In the category of "You Don't See That Everyday", today in the Pit of Despair (Wal Mart) I saw a lady with a scarf over her head. That's not unusual, as I've seen plenty of women of different ethnicities sporting this headwear. But this was a stone-cold Caucasian, speaking Southern English. Then I noticed her companion: a skinny black guy with a purple goatee ala Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Not your typical Pit dwellers. I feel like a whore every time I go into Wal Mart, and yet I just keep going. Wal Mart is the Devil singing a beautiful siren's song. Sometimes I do go to other places like Target and CVS but they're only marginally better. I go to locally-owned hardware stores and really try to do the same for other needs, but "the little guy" is getting scarce. Because of Wal Mart. And I keep patronizing the Evil One. Appeal to my lazy side and you'll win every time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits
How to Speak Southern


1 comment:
You silly whore. :) Was the woman's head completely covered like a burka or was it just a hair accessory? Maybe she was his beotch.
Post a Comment