The Accidental Banana Hammock

What happened?! I keep getting worse instead of better. Let me just list the things that are wrong with this piece.
  1. I started out with 10 stitches per row and ended up with 20 per row.
  2. I was supposed to be alternating knitting and purling every row but I can't remember what I just did 2 seconds ago, so I've got big chunks of each stitch. The row counter was not helpful.
  3. Look at those loopy, messy edges! I used the "slip the first loop off without stitching it" technique for a while, then swithced to knitting the first stitch of every row. Neither method produced the desired result, as you can see in the second photo.
  4. I admit, I was watching T.V. while I knit this. Note to self: Don't. Ever.
  5. Last, but not least, it looks like a banana hammock! Cod piece. Male stripper g-string. Call it what you like. I call it FROGGED!


    We all knew this would be painful, right? Documenting every failure as well as success is supposed to give me a sense of accomplishment and help others who endeavor to try their hand at fiber arts.
But it's so tempting to only show you the good stuff. Of course, if I did that, I'd never have any pictures to post! Haha!

Here we go, one more 'gin.

3 comments:

cladee said...

You should knit nut smugglers for American Male catalog. I can see a niche in the market that needs tapping in to. ;)

Bev said...

I'll order one!! Gotta keep the boys cozy!

Bev said...

ps- can I order a matching thong?

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern