Higher Education

Sweet Mary Mother of Mercy

I just got home from my first graduate class and already I want to cry. It's not that the subject matter is beyond my comprehension. There's just so much to do. For Tuesday's class I have to read about 100 pages and write a 3 page summary to turned in by Monday. Sure. I have nothing else to do. Damn you people! I work for a living! I have family and social obligations! I hate Karl Marx!

I sure made a great first impression on my instructor. I foolishly thought my Sociology class would be in the sociology department. Silly me, I should have known it would be in the friggin' nursing building. Of course! When I finally found someone to tell me where to go I had to hike across campus (naturally) in the 98 degree heat and walk into class late. I was sweating like a whore in church and panting as only the shoe-tying-impaired do. I kept fanning myself with the syllabus and she stopped class to close the window. When I got up at the end of class my chair was wet with perspiration. My God, I sweat through denim?! There was a girl in the elevator with me (in the first building I went in, because the nursing building's elevator was out of order. Did I mention class was on the top floor?) twice my size and she wasn't glistening at all.

I fear I shall ne'er weave or knit again.

2 comments:

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Awwww....sorry it was such a bad first day!!

And YES....you will knit and weave again....just maybe not this weekend sounds like!! LOL!!

Hang in there...you KNOW it will all be worth it and it WILL get easier as time goes by.

Besides...what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.....THERE....now don't you feel better??? LOL!!!!!!!!!

cladee said...

oh jebus. That is an awful amount of work! Come on, it isn't like you have any other responsibilities do you!?!

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern