I already feel smarter. I have even found myself initiating sociological debates with people. My poor husband. All he wanted to know is why it took so long in Wal Mart.
I attempted to make curtain-type valance thingies for my dining room this weekend but it ended in total failure. I ended up going to JC Penney and buying some instead. Much better! And faster, too. Now I have to figure out how to hang them. Martha Stewa
rt, eat your heart out!
rt, eat your heart out! Still not knitting or weaving, am experiencing withdrawals. Sewing instead but gaping hole is not filled. Must remedy this. In the meantime, here's another Natalie Dee cartoon for ya'.
And because I don't have enough irons in the fire I am thinking about making some items for my living history attire. The big event is coming up in November and if I start NOW I might be able to produce a skirt. Yeah, that's how I roll. I have an outfit now, largely in part thanks to my friend SH who has given me some hand-me-downs and I've purchased a few pieces as well. My as yet fully undeveloped persona is of a French marine's widow who has now "taken up" with an Indian fellow. Oh, I guess y'all need some background. Thought I'd done this already.
As part of my job, and partly because I dig it (no pun intended) I participate in a living history event every November and sometimes in the Spring. We teach folks about life on the Alabama frontier from about 1717 to 1760, with some 1812 American military stuff as well. The French were here at an outpost so we reenact the French military community and of course, there are also Indians. Because I am pale and blonde, I don't get to be an Indian. that's cool, because I get to be a French woman. No high society here on the frontier, so I look more like this:
Must go look for patterns now.


1 comment:
Does said French Maiden get to knit during her presentation of life back in the "olden" days??
Of course I guess you couldn't be knitting socks on circs or antyhing like that...but hey...might be able to sneak a little knitting in anyway!!!
Post a Comment