Superstitions

Are you superstitious?

I admit, I am at times. Although I am an educated woman, I occasionally find myself knocking on wood, stepping over cracks in the sidewalk, tying not to jinx myself, etc. My biggie, though, is more personal. When I was fifteen my best friend and I were in an automobile accident that left her banged up and left me in a hospital bed for six weeks. The song playing on the radio when we were hit was "Hotel California". I later learned that two other friends of mine had a car accident while listening to that song. Ever since then, if I hear that song in the car I immediately change the station. This happened yesterday on my way to graduate orientation. Of course, I nearly ran off the road trying to change the station. (Bev, you know what I'm talking about!)

So do any of y'all have superstitions that you can't seem to give up?


So I was on campus yesterday for orientation and it was a colossal waste of time. But I did get my student ID made and got a measles shot. I hear there are all kinds of discounts available to college students around here so I plan to scout that out soon. I only know of places like quickie oil change joints, maybe movie tickets and some fitness centers. I really hope there are some food-related discounts, though. 'Cuz really, that's my favorite thing.

On my way home I passed a dead dove on the sidewalk. No blood, no injury, just dead. I started to report it but wasn't sure who I should call. The health department? I mean, this could be evidence of bird flu or something. My hypothesis is that he had a freakin' heat stroke and just fell out of the tree. It was 102 yesterday. GODZILLA when will the unnatural heat end?!

No comments:

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern