Bad Hair Day

I could go on and on about this, but I'll keep it mercifully brief. Today I paid ALOT of money for a bad perm. I know, perms are sooo 80's, but it was just a body wave. I am desperate to find something that will give my hair life and body. my hair is very fine and very straight, but I have sooo much of it. I look like a homeless person because I am not willing to spend more than 2 minutes on my hair. I mean, c'mon, I don't even wear make-up half the time.




So I thought I was getting body and life, but I got squigglies. Exactly what I did not want. Will I never learn? Perm = bad. Insert expletive here, repeat.






D talked me into posting more of my my crappy knitting, so here it is. My first experience with circular needles. It will eventually be a cowl. it has so many holes in it I have dubbed it the Spider Web. I figured out why I was dropping so many stitches and theoretically, I won't do it on my next circ project. I've already clocked in about 8 hours on this little lovely and it's not even half finished. Knitting is not for those who require instant gratification. And yet, I knit.



Another egg was in my yard today! It is very small. I don't know what kind of creature it belongs to, but we saw a mama dove protecting a baby dove on the ground in our bushes the other day.
Aaaaaand I rode my recumbent bike for 30 minutes today, even though I still feel yucky and really did not want to. Yea me!

1 comment:

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Oh Yes....we girls with fine, straight hair...ain't it a PAIN??? In my case it allows every single gray hair to show...not like those with curly hair that can "artfully" arrange their gray away!! I most definitely can feel your pain!!!

NOW...do not be so hard on yourself with your knitting!!!!

Kudos for working out...my bike sits in front of my desk, I walk by it every day...haven't lost an inch yet!! LOL!!!

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern