Have I mentioned how bloody HOT it is in Alabama? Because for any of you who don't live in the South, I'm not sure you can fully grasp the severity of the heat. It was 99 degrees today and it felt significantly better than last week. I am moving to Wyoming, where snow is on the ground in June.
Here I was thinking that maybe these extra 20 lbs. I'm totin' around were making me sweat like a whore in church all the time. But today I discovered that it not my fault! It's the medication I'm taking that's to blame. I went to a chat site-thingy where people who take this drug go to discuss it and lo, and behold, everyone complained about how much weight they've gained and the night sweats and the general profuse perspiration they've experienced while taking this medication. Ha! I'm taking Effexor, an anti-depressant. I've been on it less than a year, but have made the decision to wean myself off. I will probably beg my doctor to put me on another one at some point, but Effexor is off my list. I also know that it is difficult to get off of, and many people have severe withdrawals. Vomiting has to be preferable to what I'm going through now. And maybe, just maybe I can shed a few lbs. At least I know it's not menopause.
I took some photographs this weekend and would like to share some with you. At least that's one hobby I can keep up with. D-oh!
I also photographed my two nephews: the two legged one (the ghost) and the four-legged one.
I feel like I should go to Fiber Arts Unemployment Office or something.
"Did you knit or weave this week?"
"No."
"Did you attempt to knit or weave this week?"
"Yes."
"Okay, here's your check, see me in a week."
What did I do instead of fiber arts? Well, I read a-lot and wrote a summary of Mills' Sociological Imagination in the context of Durkheimian theory. How you like them apples?
Halloween countdown: only 70 days left! Woo-hoo!
My fabulous sister has already bought fake blood and floating eyeballs and such for our 2nd annual Halloween party! ROCK!




2 comments:
OMG that is crazy about your medicine!!! At least you found something out though. LOVE the spooky steeple pics!! I have to run errands today and I am contemplating the possibility of doing said errands in my underpants. :)
I dona't know how I missed this post!!! I LOVE the pics, especially how they look like a creepy old movie!!
Post a Comment