Ramblings

I would just like to say I LOVE the kooky Sonic and Geico commercials. Who's with me?



And on the Fiber Front...

I have completed the practice cowl and have begun the actual cowl. This is my first time using circular needles and it's awesome. It's so fast! I think I love it. I have learned that it is important to keep the needles in the same position so you don't get two different stitches on the right side of the fabric. I put a dot of nail polish on the top of my left needle to keep me straight. Perhaps someday soon I'll have a nice photo to show you. Gotta tell ya', though, I feel like an idiot posting my stuff when there are sooo many true artists out there. I check out fiber arts blogs all the time and there's so much out there that's actually worth looking at. Then I remind myself that this is for me and my loved ones primarily and it's good to journal my hobbies. Ah well...good knitters need to have a laugh now and then, right?


Dear Lord could it be any hotter down here in Dixie? Wait - it can get hotter, since it's only the first of August. The older I get the more sensitive I become to such unpleasantness.

2 comments:

cladee said...

Keep at it!!! Just think, in the future when you are famous fiber artist, you will be able to can look back through your blog and watch your progress!

Yep, it had been purty darn hot out. Remember the plant I had in the back of the truck? It got sunburned that day. When I left the topmost leaves had turned black and were wilty. I hope I didn't kill it. DOH!!!

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

no, No, NO...there are NO idiot knitters!!! You absolutely need to post pics of your knitting!! When I first started my blog and knitting I felt the same way...but I ended up getting SO many encouraging comments and tips!!! I would have put down sock knitting right off the bat if it hadn't been for the encouragment from some of the BEST sock knitters out there!!

And yes, love the commercials...love the latest Sonic coffee commercial!! LOL!!

PLEASE post pics of your knitting!!! Would loeve to see them!!!

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern