Want some cheese with that wine? No, seriously.

My good friend and colleague SH took me to a wine tasting event after work today. I had never been to such a foo-foo deal before. Since this is Podunk, AL (and I mean that in a nice way) there were only a few people who knew what they were doing for real. Swirling the wine in their glass, taking in the aroma, yadda yadda. SH and I were just downing it and not even spitting it out. C'mon, I paid $5 bucks for this, I'm darn sure gonna ingest it, right? It really was cool, and I ended up with a bottle of Riesling that I truly enjoy. Not bad for a Thursday afternoon. At first I felt like Country-Come-To-Town but after a few minutes I got over myself. I know what I'll be doing next Thursday, especially since that's the first day of grad school. Wine makes everything better!

2 comments:

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

INDEED.....a glass of wine (or 2)....STRICTLY for medicinal purposes of course....is a WUNERFUL thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

cladee said...

I love a Riesling. mmmmmmm. I can't believe you start back next week!!! I'll mos def be thinking about you!!

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern