
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! (shaking fists at the Heavens)
That was my yell of desperation accompanied by fury fists a la Frank Castanza from Seinfeld. This is my 12th day having a *&%$! sinus infection. Normally they aggravate you and go along their merry way but this one has latched on and knocked me on my butt. Will it never end?! I've missed work, missed sushi with the girls, and missed yard sales because of this microbial infestation. Yard sales, I say! That's how my husband realized I was actually sick - I missed the yard sales advertising the sewing machine I'm drooling over. Too sick to shop. Tsk, tsk.

To add to my misery, my reward for accompanying Ty to the woods this weekend (while sick!) is having 42 gazillion mosquito bites covering my body. Mostly my lower extremities. Before we left the house, I think I said something stupid like, "Mosquitoes don't really bother me much. I guess I just have that kind of body chemistry that turns them off." Can you say KARMA?
So since I'm confined to the house I have no choice but to rattle on, forcing y'all to read this, searching in vain for something cool with pictures. I'll refer you to yesterday's blog.
That was my yell of desperation accompanied by fury fists a la Frank Castanza from Seinfeld. This is my 12th day having a *&%$! sinus infection. Normally they aggravate you and go along their merry way but this one has latched on and knocked me on my butt. Will it never end?! I've missed work, missed sushi with the girls, and missed yard sales because of this microbial infestation. Yard sales, I say! That's how my husband realized I was actually sick - I missed the yard sales advertising the sewing machine I'm drooling over. Too sick to shop. Tsk, tsk.

To add to my misery, my reward for accompanying Ty to the woods this weekend (while sick!) is having 42 gazillion mosquito bites covering my body. Mostly my lower extremities. Before we left the house, I think I said something stupid like, "Mosquitoes don't really bother me much. I guess I just have that kind of body chemistry that turns them off." Can you say KARMA?
So since I'm confined to the house I have no choice but to rattle on, forcing y'all to read this, searching in vain for something cool with pictures. I'll refer you to yesterday's blog.
Oh, goodie, another wave of nausea... Odd, being hungry and wanting to vomit at the same time.
Anyway, I am making progress on the banjo strap. I like the colors so much that I decided to weave the full 8 feet my inkle loom is capable of so I can use some of it for my own purposes. Whatever they may be. The only problem is that even the new heddles I made are too fat and fluffy. I keep having to cut off white fuzz from the woven strip. And when I push down on the warp it gets caught in the fuzz and I can't tell which are the open threads and which are the heddled ones. Soooo, I push down three or four threads at a time and use my stick-thingy to hold them down. AND my heddles are not exactly the same length, so some of the heddled threads look like they are, in fact, open threads and that slows me down a bit. Other than that, it's going swimmingly. God as my witness, I will not cut this warp off AGAIN.
Photos to follow when I get a Freakin' lens for my new, expensive, birthday present which is staring at me even now, begging to be used.


No comments:
Post a Comment