I will start graduate school for archaeology in the fall (yikes!). I'll still be working full time, so it will be just a tad stressful, but I know I'll enjoy it. I have picked up a coupla hobbies here lately: photography and weaving. My wonderful, ruggedly handsome husband is buying me a new digital SLR camera for my birthday and it will arrive any day! When I get good enough I'll post some of the photos I take with it on here.
I've also started weaving on an inkle loom. It's small and used for narrow bands, like appliques on hems and straps and garters.

I plan to progress to a floor loom so I can weave clothing and blankets and such. Oh, and I am learning fingerweaving, too. I guess this came about from the living history events I participate in through work. We reenact the 18th century Alabama frontier, mostly French and Indian War period. I'll post more about that in another spot.
My baby sister Meggie got married this past weekend and she looked like an angel. I've never seen a woman more beautiful than she was. And she is so happy with her husband, B. I now have an official nephew, LC. You'll see pictures of all these folks at some point.
Mom and Norm are great. We got to visit with the step family at the wedding and we had a great time!
Dad is...well, Dad. Same ol', same ol'. He's great.
Work is good
, but busy.It's starting to get hot down here in the deep South - I think we skipped Spring altogether. Of course that
means that hunting season is over and DH m
ust resort to fishing. Correction - he can still hunt hogs, and there are plenty of those around.


No comments:
Post a Comment