My first inkle band attempts

How is it possible to obscure the warp on a warp-faced weave? I'm not sure, either, but on my very first attempt to weave an inkle band, I managed to do it. Maybe the warp threads were too far apart. At least after a few inches I almost got the hang of it. The warp is visible, anyway.





My third attempt was better. I used a graduated warp, so it changed from a light orange to a very bright orange and I like that effect. Just the ol' line-down-the-middle pattern. This was only a test. Had this been an actual woven band, it would have been longer and finished on the ends.




Eventually I got cocky and decided to actually try a pattern. The result was a very narrow band which I use for a bookmark. I gained a bit of confidence with this one.



My most recent accomplishment is a dog collar I made for my friends' new puppy. It is a feminine collar, but Disco is a pretty little dog. I still have to put the closures on it, but that won't take long. Next I plan to weave a banjo strap for a friend. I'll post that if it goes well. Or even if it is a horrible mess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Disco told me last night she couldn't wait to see the collar Auntie Manda was making for her.

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern