Thoughts from a beginner weaver
I have only just started weaving. I up and decided to buy an inkle loom a few months ago and had barely made a band when I decided to apply for graduate school. I put weaving aside to study for the GRE then picked it back up recently. I have learned this craft from books and the internet. (Not to mention trial and error.) I finally found a fiber arts guild not far from me, so perhaps I'll even get a little hands-on instruction. I have made a total of 5 bands so I am a neophyte. I don't know what I'm doing yet, but I will post my successes and failures not only as a kindof scrapbook for myself, but also to document my progress to those who will very likely receive woven bands for Christmas. You think I'm kidding. And maybe, just maybe, I can help a new weaver learn from my journey into the fiber arts universe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits
How to Speak Southern


No comments:
Post a Comment