Why I weave

There are many reasons why I weave, and I've compiled some into a handy list below.

1. It relaxes me.
Except for warping the loom, which makes me crazy, the weaving process is soothing. When I get a good rhythm going I chill out a little.

2. It is a creative outlet for me.
I have always wanted to create, and since God bestowed upon me no talent WHATSOEVER, I took up weaving! I like to make pretty, yet utilitarian objects.

3. I can create objects, clothing, bands, etc., for re-enacting, another "hobby". Um, I mean Living History. That doesn't sound as dorky.

4. Mass-produced products are overrated.
I'll make my own fabric, thank you.

5. I can do it on a plane (fingerweaving), I can do it on a train. I can do it in a house, I can do it with a mouse. You get the idea.

No comments:

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern