Proof of my stupidity

My friend Stacye and I can really identify with the novel and movie character Bridget Jones. Poor Bridget, she tries so hard to keep it together, but she always ends up sabotaging herself. She can really do some dumb stuff. Stacye and I do dumb stuff.

Thus, a new phrase was coined. Now, when we do something stupid or ditzy we say we "pulled a Bridget" or had a "Bridget moment. Alas, there are far too many of them.

Now that you know the background, let me tell you that I pulled two Bridgets that are making me insane. First, the new digital SLR camera that my FABULOUS husband bought me arrived yesterday. Woo-hoo! I'm so stoked! The Bridget was 1. ordering a separate lens that will not ship until the end of the month and 2. leaving my other camera and only lens with my Mom who lives three hours away. And my husband has his digital camera in another state. So I have a cool new toy that I can't play with.

The second Bridget occurred during a recent weaving attempt. I warped the inkle loom to make the banjo strap - all 64 threads - and began to weave. Weaving was almost impossible since I had 1. failed to slide my tension bar back and 2. made heddles from thick cotton which the crochet thread weft has difficulty passing by when I make a shed. I made a few passes and realized that the hour I'd spent warping the darn thing was in vain. I almost shed a tear while I cut the warp off. I would post pictures of this failure, but I don't have a lens on my camera. (expletive)

No comments:

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern