I have completed the new dishrag for DH's grandmother but I'm not going to post a photo because it's just a stockinette rectangle. You can picture that, can't you? I didn't have a single dropped stitch and it looks good. I started a trivet-type rectangle for my sister in cable stitch and it's OK, but not good. I manage to add stitches and get the cables cattywhompus (seriously, how is that spelled?) but it's only a matter of paying attention. Maybe I should go to an ADHD knitting class.
Progress is being made, however. I now know how to keep from adding stitches and my confidence is growing. So much so that I have decided to try knitting in the round. My evil plan is to make a cowl since it is really just a tube. I want to make it with a soft, fuzzy yarn, but I'm not sure if I am that skilled just yet. I'll try, as you know I will, and yes, even photograph it for y'all. Tomorrow I buy the circular needles. Or should I try to make it with double pointed needles? Decisions, decisions...
Progress is being made, however. I now know how to keep from adding stitches and my confidence is growing. So much so that I have decided to try knitting in the round. My evil plan is to make a cowl since it is really just a tube. I want to make it with a soft, fuzzy yarn, but I'm not sure if I am that skilled just yet. I'll try, as you know I will, and yes, even photograph it for y'all. Tomorrow I buy the circular needles. Or should I try to make it with double pointed needles? Decisions, decisions...
Most of the weekend will be devoted to making a skirt for my dear friend Cladee. She's waited so patiently.

I leave you with a pretty fladdo picture. (That would be flower to all you non-Disney types.)


No comments:
Post a Comment