I have two projects on the needles at present. I am experimenting with some yummy foo-foo fuzzy, knobby yarn which will likely become a scarf for my niece. It's a purple/mauve and it's sooo soft.The second project is a practice run, my first attempt on circular needles so I can make that cowl I mentioned. I've gotten to the second "loop" and it looks too small to fit around my massive gourd. For real, I have a huge head. In one of my physical anthropology classes we measured everyone's head during a cranial capacity discussion and mine was second largest, after some guy with a bobble head. I had the largest head of all the females. If the instructor was right, that extra capacity just means I have a bigger brain. Yeah, right. That's it.
Speaking of BIG, I joined Weight Watchers online and ordered a recumbent exercise bike this weekend. I've got to get rid of these extra lbs. Too bad knitting doesn't use up more calories.
The grad school ball is starting to roll. I think I'm going to take a methods class this fall, and it will be held at night. Yea! What luck. They sure don't make graduate classes for folks with actual jobs. In Spring I'm told I'll have to take Stats and Research, and I might have to take a refresher stats class so I don't fail completely. Hmmm...now when would I have time for that?! Damn you, Academia! I have a job! I have a husband! I have a fiber arts addiction! I don't have the money or the time to take a practice course that won't count toward my degree. I hate it already. (Bangs head against wall)
A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits
How to Speak Southern


No comments:
Post a Comment