Sticks and Stones

Note to self: Keep wooden knitting needles off of the couch. Failure to do so may result in the awesome weight of your butt breaking said needles, thereby rendering them useless (more or less).

Yes, I sat on a needle. Fortunately, it was lying horizontally on the couch when I did it. Otherwise, I would likely not be posting anything because I would be high on emergency room doctor-prescribed morphine. Plus the non-pointy end broke off, so I can at least finish my green rectangle, aka the dish rag. My edges are much better, thanks to advice from a fellow knitter. I've ordered more needles and even bought some double pointed needles to eventually try knitting in the round. I figure that'll be good for demonstrating at the living history event in November. Perhaps that will be sufficient time to become a real knitter! I'll be able to do some weaving, but I will have to buy a tape loom (oh, darn). Apparently modern inkle looms were not in use until the early 2oth century, at least in this country. Wouldn't want to be inaccurate when teaching future generations about Alabama's history. There are enough misconceptions about the South as it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! And, sorry about your needle!! :)

cladee said...

NOOOOOOO!!! Glad you didn't hurt your tater-hole!! ;)

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Oh My.....yep...sounds like you avoided serious injury. Come to think of it....I have been an X-ray technologist for over 20 years and I have heard some DOOZY stories about "accidents"....don't believe I have ever heard one involving a knitting needle.....I know the ER staff would have loved it!! LOL!! Glad you are O.K.!!!!!

A Southerner's adventures in fiber arts and other worthy pursuits

How to Speak Southern