The following headline was in my local newspaper last week. I can only assume the reporter was making an attempt at humor.
Local obesity conference draws large crowd
Well, ok, it's a little bit funny.
I would like to plug my new favorite soda: FRESCA Black Cherry Citrus. My mom-in-law introduced us yesterday and we have been inseparable ever since.
Twenty bucks says you can't guess what my husband is doing right now. No, you're way off. He's boiling a hog head. And he owes me a new gumbo pot.
The purplish, knobby, fuzzy scarf (which is possibly for my niece) is coming along pretty well. I can't tell if it's my idiocy or the nature of the yarn that is to blame for the accidental increasing I keep doing. I used stitch markers at first, then started screwing up again. If I'm having this much trouble with a scarf, how am I ever going to make a sweater?! I am a slow learner, I suppose. Next time I'm using regular yarn.
Been thinking of some patterns I'd like to try in an inkle band. I think it's time to step up to pick-up technique. Maybe I'll wait until after the purple, amorphous scarf is finished. (Maybe I should call it the Barney scarf.) I have also been fantasizing about getting a rigid heddle loom. I have read and re-read a few sets of "plans" for building my own but I'm not sure about that. Has anyone done this? if so, e mail me and let me know how it turned out. I like the idea of just having a loom show up via UPS but it would be waaay cool if I made it myself. There's just not enough time to do all the yarny goodness I want.
Look, I am quite fond of commas, hyphens and parenthesis. I will use them in situations where they are inappropriate. I will use them often. Occasionally I will even be conscious of the fact that I misusing them, yet use them I will.
DH and I put together my recumbent exercise bike today. Woo-hoo! It monitors my speed, distance, calories burned, and heart rate. We set it up in the living room in front of the T.V. Surely I can pedal away fat cells while watching the crab show. (Deadliest Catch on Discovery Channel) I get so into that show! And also Man vs. Wild. That Bear is CRAZY! I wonder who would win in a competition between him and the Survival Man. People who drink their own urine are bad asses.
I am preparing for the greatest non-religious holiday of the year. Of course, I am referring to HALLOWEEN! I am like a kid when it comes to All Hallow's Eve. I love to dress up. this year DH and I will host our 2nd annual Halloween Party at our hunting property. I already have my costume picked out and I even have some backups planned. (squeals)
One last thing: Prancing Nougat in the Meadow


1 comment:
Sings a song of satisfaction
tooo the worrrrllllld. :)
Post a Comment