I don't think National Geographic will be beating down my door, but I had fun taking these photos. My goal isn't to be a professional photographer, just to take better-than-average photos, not just snapshots.
I plan to revisit this cemetery a pretty good bit, since it has some beautiful monuments that date back into the 19th century.
In response to Cla's comment, here's the ginormous cross. I was going for a "looming" effect here. The photo didn't turn out like I wanted it to, but the cross is gorgeous. It's carved on both sides.






2 comments:
You should post that one of the ginormous cross with all the intricate carvings on it. Good work, but you knew that already. ;)
Hi!
I, too, adore taking "better than snapshot" photographs in cemeteries. There's something quiet, peaceful, timeless, and thought provoking take seems to gather force when looking for view through a lens. So, where, exactly, is this place? I'm gathering it is in Alabama...but perhaps not...maybe somewhere else in the Southeast? Years ago I went to a fantastic, old, moss covered and weed tangled cemetery outside Atlanta. Your images reminded me of this place. Also, in what fiber arts guild did you enroll?
Good luck with blogging. Your pictures are great.
Susan Lenz
(South Carolina)
http://artbysusanlenz.blogspot.com
Post a Comment